Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tip: Get the Weather Instantly in Gmail

Tip: Get the Weather Instantly in Gmail

As I have shared, Gmail is my Ginsu Knife. As they roll out features, I keep finding new uses for them - sometimes inadvertently. 

Gmail has a cool Labs feature that puts a little search box in your sidebar. I use it all the time to pull up information for lifestream posts since I publish to my Posterous-powered site via email. This little box is already capable of quite a lot but it also can pull up the latest weather. 

All you need to do is enter in a city name and weather and you get the current conditions as well as the forecast. You can access the search box with a keyboard command too - just type in g then / - and enter your query.


Permalink | Leave a comment  »


Source: feedproxy.google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment